Thursday, October 2, 2008

My new favorite song and the presidential race

I am compulsively playing the song "That You Might See" by Home Video over and over and over again. It's one of those songs I desperately wish I'd written. Inspired by tonight's Vice Presidential Debate/Avoidancefest, I'm posting the lyrics of the song here, dedicating it to this year's Presidential and Vice-Presidential candidates, from all of us helpless voters out here, who really don't have much of a *^%*ing choice in the matter.

Peace.

There is a helpless need for human touch
We are smashed beneath,
On hands and knees, pleading
And it’s easier to look away
And it’s easier to believe what they say

That you might see my side and for a minute give in
That we are weak and we are suffering
That you might see my side and for a minute give in

There is a driving need to stamp us out
We are made to be ignorant and quiet
As we give it up for nothing
And we leave it to be taken away

That you might see my side and for a minute give in
That we are weak and we are suffering
That you might see my side and for a minute give in

No comments: