Sunday, December 28, 2008

Feast of the Holy Family

Sooo, today is the Feast of the Holy Family... I think I have that correct, since this is the first Sunday within the Octave of Christmas. The intercessions from Morning Prayer today really resounded with me. I think they'd be a fantastic meditation for me throughout the coming year, so I thought I'd share them in case anyone else feels the same way.

Let us adore the Son of the living God, who became son in a human family.
Response: Lord Jesus, bless our families.

Jesus, eternal Word of the Father, You lived under the authority of Mary and Joseph. Teach us to walk the path of humility.
Response: Lord Jesus, bless our families.

Mary kept in her heart all that You said and did. May we learn in her example the spirit of contemplation.
Response: Lord Jesus, bless our families.

Christ, Yours was the strength that shaped the universe, yet You came to learn the tasks of a carpenter. Help us to see our work as a sharing in Yours.
Response: Lord Jesus, bless our families.

You advanced in wisdom and in favor with God and men. May we live to the full in You and build up Your body in faith and love.
Response: Lord Jesus, bless our families.

Amen.

No comments: