Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Midday Prayer

In the midday
in my anger
at injustice and cruelty
on such a small scale...
into Your Hands I commend my spirit.

In Your mercy
hear my prayer.
Don't forget me
in my anger...
into Your Hands I commend my spirit.

In my waiting
You are present.
In my anger
breathe Your peace.

Into Your Hands I commend my spirit.
You have redeemed me,
LORD God of truth.

I am waiting
for full redemption,
to be finally cleansed
of all my sin.

But until then...

I am waiting
in this noon hour
come and calm me...
into Your Hands I commend my spirit.

(inspired by today's Concluding prayer at midday [If I'm right about what week we're in]
"God of power and love,
look kindly on the tasks we have begun,
and at this midday hour renew Your grace within us:
make good our defects
and bring our work to that fulfillment
which accords with Your will.
Through Christ our Lord")

1 comment: