Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Return of the Mofo Mojo

mojo:
2.
N. 1. Self-confidence, Self-assuredness. As in basis for belief in ones self in a situation. Esp. In context of contest or display of skill such as sexual advances or going into battle.
2. Good luck fetish / charm to bolster confidence.
3. ability to bounce back from a debilitating trauma and negative attitude

Ex. He lost his mojo when she dumped him. He got his mojo back now.
(from http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=mojo)

So, I've had a particularly bad couple of weeks... there have been blessings and I've seen God's protection in all of it, but it has been rough, and parts of it, well, they're not totally over. But today I am proclaiming a new day, because frankly, I can't keep feeling as bad as I have, and it's time to move on, claim the blessings, leave what's still unfinished at the Cross, and focus on what's ahead.

In that spirit, I give you my Personal Fight Song for Today, LL Cool J's Mama Said Knock You Out.

Because evil isn't. going. to. win.

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

Aw, LL. He has a way of bringing a girl around (even from the worst of circumstances).

*note* the seamless transition from "my nine is easy to load" to "I gotta thank God"...

Shower Pig said...

Don't call it a come back baby. I wanted to comment on your previous post, but it seems that you are moving on.

The Shower Pig

Moff said...

Actually, Shower Pig, I have spent this evening continuing to obsess about the subject of my previous post. So I haven't really moved on. Go ahead and comment!

Roshi Doshi said...

Moff. You are doing fine. Nobody ever broke up for any reason and then hit the ground running. Mostly you just hit the ground and lie there a while. Nice to see you are starting to pick yourself up. Namaste.

Vinny said...

I hate LL Cool J... but, no matter - I love your writing and the way you think.