Monday, April 30, 2012

Hope


So, I get an F for the last week of NaPoWriMo.  It was a busy week, and I am trying to be as easy on myself as possible as I seek to recover from my flare-up of anxiety disorder (so no staying up until the wee hours writing poems like I did last year).  I know this doesn't quite make up for missing a whole week, but on this final day of NaPoWriMo, I offer eight haiku, one for each day I missed, and one for today.

Hope

I.
Grey morning.  A flash
of red outside my window,
bright wings changing things.

II.
I keep my windows
open, listening to the
laughing child outside.

III.
Public libraries
soothe me.  I am one among
many travellers.

IV.
The weight of grocery
bags reminds me that I am
strong, and I am blessed.

V.
My Dad still lifts weights.
This gives me hope that I’ll be
cool when I’m his age.

VI.
Night-times are hard, but
I am comforted that day
always comes.  Always.

VII.
Sometimes I catch my
breath in wonder at the pure
beauty of my friends.

VIII.
Thank You, Father God,
for words that sing, bringing peace
to a troubled heart.

No comments: